The Metallurgist Senior will perform a variety of engineering duties in the design modification of established system processes or adaptation of a part of a major engineering project. Essential duties include:
* Plan, schedule, and coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
* Develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities; devise new approaches to problems encountered; work requires originality and judgment in the independent evaluation and resolution of problems.
* Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but includes a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
* Plan and conduct surveys, tests, or investigations, interpret results, and prepare recommendations, summaries, schedules, and cost estimates; meet with representatives of other departments to coordinate planning and scheduling activities.
* Schedule and coordinate the work of technicians in order to complete work on time and within budget parameters.
* Requires expert knowledge in engineering and design.
* Demonstrate leadership pipeline results appropriate to this role.
* Will be required to access mining and processing areas, rough terrain, or exploration sites on a daily basis.
* Frequent working at a computer/monitor or keyboard.
* Hear sufficiently to distinguish various pitches of warning alarms.
* Must be sensitive to cultural differences at the operations within the Company.